GJA FAQs CONCERNING COVID-19 CLOSURE
It’s been a week since we received word of Governor Inslee’s mandate that all WA state schools, including trade schools, like ours, were to close until April 24th. Since then we’ve been tirelessly working on solutions so we can better adapt to this new normal of social distancing and do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some top FAQs that we’ve been receiving from both our students and guests.
- WILL I HAVE TO PAY OVER-CONTRACT FEES FOR MISSED TIME WHILE THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED?
While Gene Juarez Academy is closed, students will not be charged over contract fees.
- HOW CAN I MAKE TUITION PAYMENTS IF THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED?
You may make your payment online through our website.
- HOW IS MY FINANCIAL AID AND/OR VA FUNDING BEING IMPACTED NOW THAT THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED?
At this time, all federal and state financial aid as well as Post 9/11 VA tuition payments have been halted. We are working closely with the various federal and state agencies for guidance and will communicate updates as they occur. If you have questions regarding your Post 9/11 VA housing allowance, please contact the VA at 1-888-GI-BILL-1(1-888-442-4551).
- WILL THE ACADEMY OFFER DISTANCE LEARNING LIKE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES ARE OFFERING THEIR STUDENTS?
Gene Juarez Academy holds the experience and progress of our students to be of utmost importance. We are currently working with our accrediting agency, NACCAS and the Department of Education to implement a distance learning program as soon as possible. All students will be notified once a program is finalized and we have more information to share.
- I WAS SCHEDULED TO GRADUATE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. NOW THAT THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
At this time, all previously scheduled graduation dates are postponed until we are able to reopen or offer students a distance learning program. In the event that Gene Juarez Academy launches a distance learning opportunity, we will be in contact with all upcoming graduates to discuss options.
- I’M SCHEDULED TO TAKE MY STATE BOARD EXAMS AND FOUND OUT THAT THE TESTING LOCATIONS WILL BE CLOSED. WILL I BE ABLE TO RESCHEDULE?
DL Roope will be reaching out to all students that are presently scheduled to take their exams in the near future. No penalty will be enforced, and they will be rescheduled at the earliest availability.
- I STARTED AN LOA BEFORE THE SCHOOL CLOSED, HOW DOES THIS IMPACT ME?
Students that were on an approved leave of absence at the time of closure will not be negatively impacted. In the event of a distance learning option, you will be able to return in a remote capacity. If your leave of absence extends beyond our closure dates, you will return to school on your return date with no penalty. Any additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I WASN’T ABLE TO COLLECT MY KIT & PERSONAL ITEMS LEFT IN MY LOCKER BEFORE THE SCHOOL CLOSED. HOW CAN I GET THEM?
Currently, Gene Juarez Academy is not open to students, staff or the public per directive from Governor Inslee. Questions regarding immediate needs may be directed to email@example.com.
- IF I ATTENDED SCHOOL PRIOR TO MY CAMPUS CLOSURE AND HAVE SINCE EXPERIENCED SYMPTOMS &/OR HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, WHO SHOULD I NOTIFY?
We’re very sorry to hear that you have been affected by COVID-19. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and include the following information: your full name, your floor name, your campus location & your last date of attendance. Our management team will then follow our established protocols to communicate your information privately to the applicable parties.
- HOW CAN I CONTACT CAMPUS MANAGEMENT WHILE THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED?
The best way to contact us at this time is by emailing email@example.com and include who you are wishing to speak with as well as your mobile phone number. We will forward your email request to the correct person & you can expect a response within 2 business days.
- WILL THE CAMPUSES FOR SURE REOPEN ON APRIL 27th?
We have every intention of reopening our campuses on April 27th. However, as the situation with the local COVID-19 outbreak unfolds with daily changes to prevention measures and requirements, we cannot be 100% sure at this time. We will notify all students with as much advance notice as possible once we have the clearance to reopen. Continuation of your education may be made available to you soon even prior to the reopening of the campus. Please look for our survey and take a moment to complete!
- WHEN WILL THE ACADEMY REOPEN FOR GUEST SERVICES?
We are currently scheduled to reopen our campuses for students & guest services on Monday, April 27th. Any updates regarding our opening date and other important information will be sent via email to our guests as well as posted on our website and social media platforms. If you are not signed up to receive our email notifications, please consider signing up on our website to ensure you receive these communications and our monthly special offers.
- HOW CAN I SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT WHILE THE ACADEMY IS CLOSED?
While our schools are closed, we are unable to schedule appointments via the phone or online. Once we announce a confirmed reopening date, we will include the process for scheduling appointments.
- I HAVE A CERTIFICATE THAT EXPIRES IN MARCH, WILL YOU STILL HONOR IT ONCE YOU REOPEN?
Yes, you may redeem any promotional certificate that expires during our closure within 30 days after we reopen for services. We will also extend our March special offers in addition to offering additional promotions to celebrate our reopening.
- AM I ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY STUDENT ARTIST WHILE THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED?
Due to FERPA regulations that protect the privacy of our students, we are unable to provide their contact information to the public, including our guests. You may send them a message by emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student’s name. Our management team will forward your message to the student.
- IF I RECEIVED SERVICES AT THE ACADEMY PRIOR TO YOUR CLOSURE AND HAVE SINCE EXPERIENCED SYMPTOMS &/OR HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, WHO SHOULD I NOTIFY?
We’re very sorry to hear that you have been affected by COVID-19. Please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible and include the following information: your full name, campus location you received services at & the date of your appointment. Our management team will then follow our established protocols to communicate your information privately to the applicable parties.
We hope you find these FAQs helpful and we’ll continue to post updated information in the coming weeks. Wishing our amazing community of students, guests and employees the best of health & well being. We miss you all & look forward to being together again soon!