MEET NADIA, RECIPIENT OF THE BEAUTY CHANGES LIVES VIDAL SASSOON SCHOLARSHIP

Congratulations to Nadezhda “Nadia” Shuparskaya, GJA South Campus student for receiving the coveted Beauty Changes Lives Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship. We recently checked in with Nadia to learn more about her & her experience.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CAREER IN COSMETOLOGY?

It is a passion of mine.  I believe the key to success is to do what you love, love what you do and you’ll never “work” a day in your life!

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE BCL VIDAL SASSOON SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION?

I found out about the scholarship through my Financial Aid Rep, Joey, who suggested I apply for it.

WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND YOUR VIDEO?

I just let my creativity pour out.  I decided to tell my story and express my emotions through video.  It was fun to come up with the clips which best expressed what I wanted to come through.

Watch Nadia’s video!

YOU STARTED OUR COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM IN DECEMBER, HOW HAS YOUR EXPERIENCE BEEN SO FAR?

All of my educators have been very helpful.  School is much more challenging than I anticipated but learning has been a ton of fun and is really exciting.  I had no idea that there are so many cosmetology concepts!

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AFTER YOU GRADUATE & RECEIVE YOUR COSMETOLOGY LICENSE?

My dream is to one day open up my own salon. But my short term goal would be to work in a salon to gain experience and build relationships.

Previous Image
Next Image

info heading

info content

Learn more about the BCL Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship and other scholarship opportunities.  Applications for Spring are accepted 1/9/17-3/6/17 & applications for Fall will be accepted 6/19/17-8/21/17.