INTERVIEW WITH NEW STUDENT, JESSICA TOVAR

Previous Image
Next Image

info heading

info content

We recently checked in with new student, Jessica Tovar, who is enrolled in our Cosmetology program at the North Seattle Campus.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO PURSUE A CAREER IN COSMETOLOGY?

I chose to pursue a career in cosmetology not only because I’ve had a passion for Cosmetology since I was young, but for my daughter. I chose cosmetology so that I can actually watch my daughter grow and help her every step of the way. Cosmetology is one of the few industries in which you make your own
schedule, these days parents are so busy working that they never have time to spend with their children. In my case, I love the industry, I love making people feel better about themselves, I love knowing I can do my daughters hair for her first day of school, the thought of that brings joy to my heart.

HOW LONG WERE YOU THINKING OF GOING TO COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL BEFORE YOU TOOK THE LEAP AND ENROLLED?

I had been thinking about cosmetology as a career since I was a sophomore in high school, back in 2010. I had minor set backs but actually started pursing it again in 2016.

HOW DID UTILIZING OUR MYGUIDANCE COACH TOOL HELP YOU EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS WITH GENE JUAREZ ACADEMY?

Using the My Guidance Coach tool gave me a quick view of what all Gene Juarez had to offer me. I found out about the cosmetology program as well as the nail program, both of which I’m completely looking forward to finishing.

WHAT WAS THE KEY THING THAT CONFIRMED YOUR DECISION TO ENROLL AT GENE JUAREZ ACADEMY?

To be honest, one of the main reasons I chose Gene Juarez over any other beauty school, besides their graduation rate, was the fact that Gene himself grew up in Wapato, WA, and that his parents were migrant workers. I myself grew up in that small town, both my grandma and grandpa worked in an orchard for many years. I connected to the school on a different level.

YOU RECENTLY JUST STARTED OUR COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM, HOW HAS YOUR EXPERIENCE BEEN SO FAR?

My experience has been phenomenal so far. The staff as a whole is amazing and helpful, the students are all so welcoming and willing to answer any questions you may have. The amount of information we receive in a day isn’t too much to handle either. This program is very hands-on and I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE INTERESTED IN GOING TO COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL?

The only advice I have to students looking into the program is, come with a positive attitude and come motivated to finish. Nothing at this school is unachievable, you just have to want it to get somewhere.

Thank you Jessica for sharing your story & experiences with us!

MyGuidance Coach® is a complimentary resource that provides a self-guided tour that assists users in determining whether or not they are ready to start their Cosmetology education at Gene Juarez Academy. Start your exploration today!